Grilling season is back and your Rise Garden can help green your grill. We love a good burger but grilled veggies are phenomenal. And, fresh herbs enhance any dish. Featured in the Spring issue of The Living Pantry, this shrimp and veggie skewer recipe is perfect for your Memorial Day cookouts and great all summer long!
Grilled Shrimp and Veggie Skewers with Chimichurri
- Prep Time 15mins
- Cook Time 6mins
- Total Time 20mins
- Serves 4p
- 2 pounds extra-large uncooked shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 12 skewers (wooden skewers should be soaked in water for 20 minutes before use)
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 12 snackable peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped into 1in segments
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Step One: Add all ingredients except olive oil to a food processor or high-powered blender. Pulse 2-3 times or until ingredients are chopped.
- Step Two: Slowly stream the olive oil while pulsing the ingredients 3-4 times or until olive oil is incorporated. Make sure to scrape the sides to ensure all ingredients are combined.
Shrimp Skewers Directions
- Step One: Make the chimichurri sauce and set aside in a small bowl.
- Step Two: Place the shrimp and the 1/2 tsp sea salt in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Step Three: Fire up the grill on high.
- Step Four: While the grill heats up, assemble skewers. Add 4-5 shrimp per skewer and a variety of vegetables in varied order. You can get creative and try different combinations. Leave about ½ inch of space on the ends. Place skewers on a baking sheet or plate.
- Step Five: Place the skewers on the grill in a single layer and without touching. Cover the grill and cook for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear on the skewers. Flip the skewers and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp are firm.
- Step Six: Remove skewers from the grill and add them to a serving dish along with the chimichurri sauce in a bowl. Drizzle some of the sauce over the skewers for table presentation.
- Step Seven: Serve immediately.