If you're looking for a fun, festive Halloween cocktail recipe, this Blackberry Thyme Bourbon Smash is perfect. Halloween is fun to celebrate but many of these holiday treats get their festive colors from dyes and processed ingredients. Skip the store-bought mixes and use the fresh plants you grew in your Rise Garden to make delicious Halloween treats.
Our Halloween cocktail gets its color from blackberries and made with fresh thyme to give it a delicious seasonal flavor.
Blackberry Thyme Bourbon Smash
Serves: 1 cocktail
- 7 blackberries
- 1 oz thyme syrup*
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- Step 1: Add 6 blackberries to a shaker or mason jar and muddle until they’re Step 2: completely smashed.
- Step 2: Add remaining ingredients to the shaker/jar.
- Step 3: Add ice, cover, and shake well for at least 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Fill a rocks glass with ice. Strain the cocktail into the glass and garnish with a sprig of thyme and one blackberry.
Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 9-10 sprigs of summer thyme
- Step 1: Bring all ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat then reduce heat to low.
- Step 2: Allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes, then strain. Let cool.