Summer fruit in its peak season is the incomparable. Use fresh mint from your Rise Garden to boost the flavor and savor every last drop of summer fruit.
Red, White and Blue Summer Fruit Bowl Recipe
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- Total Time 15 min
- Serves 6-8p
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup of feta cheese, cut into 1/2” cubes or ½ cup feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped + 5-6 leaves to finish
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- Step 1: Make the simple syrup. In a small pot over low heat, combine the simple syrup ingredients. Cook until sugar has melted, occasionally stirring, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain the mint leaves. Let cool.
- Step 2: While the simple syrup is cooling, prepare your fruit. Add fruit to a bowl, top with half of the cooled simple syrup, and gently combine. Top with feta cheese and fresh mint. Keep cool until ready to serve.
Tip: Don't combine the feta cheese until you are about to serve the bowl.